Google Maps SEO – Geo Marketing
Warning: Illegal string offset 'addMap' in /home/charlestonseo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags.php on line 639
Warning: Illegal string offset 'position' in /home/charlestonseo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags.php on line 561
Warning: Illegal string offset 'position' in /home/charlestonseo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags/mygeopositioncom-geotags-geometatags.php on line 603
In the business world, you have probably heard of the term “geo marketing”. You may have even considered using it for your business in the past and decided to use other marketing tools instead. If this is the case, it’s time to re-think and take another look at geo marketing—it is certainly a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool that could be a useful marketing method for your business.
An interactive method of market research that exchanges information with potential customers based on their physical location, geo marketing has been used by Charleston-area businesses because it promotes sharing their information with these customers, thereby increasing the likelihood of new business and generation of additional revenue.
Geo marketing in Charleston
So just how can geo marketing benefit and potentially grow your business? Here are five things to think about:
- Initiate and build solid relationships with your local customers. In order to build and maintain relationships with your local business, use applications that limit the search radius on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. This is a form of “geo-localization”, and it is very effective in targeting Internet business coming from your local area.
- Use social media tools for your primary research. Use what you have learned about the willingness of your customers to interact with you by way of geo-targeted information with additional research at the local level. For example, you may want to consider offering “virtual” products online that are redeemable for a tangible item. Your customers will appreciate this and most likely share the information with friends. At the same time, you’ll learn their opinion of your business, which is always valuable information to have.
- Rethink your perception of “customer loyalty”. When most think of “customer loyalty”, they think of how often customers visit their business. This is because the frequency will gauge how “in the market” they are for specific products or services. Consider attaching your products to a type of reward system that will benefit your loyal online customers—they will appreciate the “real-time” reward.
- In addition to “virtual” rewards, reward your loyal customers locally as well. Use real products or services to reward your loyal customers when they visit your brick and mortal establishment. You don’t necessarily have to “sell” this promotion each time they come in; rather, initiate a conversation that will make them want to return in order to continue.
- Identify your customer’s enthusiasm to engage with them. Tracking—and then analyzing—keywords is a crucial first step in this process, as it is used for market research and future marketing efforts. Determining how customers engage with your business and your products is of course critical, but it is just as important to know whom among your customers welcome and respond to geo marketing.
Charleston SEO – Contact Mr. Marketing to Learn More
You must be sure that your geo marketing efforts are carefully tailored to your customers. Mr. Marketing can get you on the road to a successful geo marketing plan – we have done so for other businesses in the Charleston metropolitan area, as well as companies throughout the U.S. For more information, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call (843) 410-1046.